Foreman – Bridge Division
Scope of Work
This position will work primarily in the North Georgia/Southeastern Tennessee region.
Oversee crew in the performance of bridge maintenance and repairs on concrete, steel and timber structures. Responsible for assisting in oversight of safety, quality and all repair activities surrounding the assigned project. Responsibilities include training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and manages the day-to day activities of the crew in conjunction with guidance from assigned
- Enforces compliance with safety procedures; use of PPE and keeping required records.
- Monitors and closely controls all maintenance and other related costs associated with structure work.
- Assists to ensure department meets its capital projects service goals.
- Manage equipment operations in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with regulations, policies, and
- Perform equipment safety and maintenance checks.
- Assist in maintaining DOT compliance on regulated equipment.
- Report all defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Conduct and participate in job briefings and understand daily production goals.
- Fill out and maintain required regulatory forms.
- Promote a safe and drug free working environment.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- 1 -3 years related work experience
- Familiar with DOT specifications in TN &/or GA
- Demonstrated proficiency in timber, steel and concrete construction and repairs.
- Experience with heavy hand tools; previous work experience outdoors.
- Poses the ability to work at great heights.
- Ability to lift construction materials exceeding 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb, squat, bend and twist continually and for long periods of time
- Understand and carry out oral and written communication both general and technical.
- Demonstrated ability to operate equipment in varying working and weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Must pass post offer drug screen
- Must provide proof of eligibility to legally work in the US.
- All new hires will be processed through E – Verify
- Field position with extensive travel required, work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, and overtime.
- This position will have a company truck.
As a Highway Contractor, it is the policy of Talley Construction Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that applicants are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. Minorities & females encouraged to apply.
Compensation will be determined based on skills, education, and experience. Full benefits package is offered, including: medical insurance, dental insurance, paid time off and 401k retirement plan.