Civil | Grading Foreman >>NEW<<
Responsibilities will include:
- Interviewing, hiring, and training of crew
- Evaluating crew performance
- Planning, assigning, and directing work on the job site
- Start the day with Job layout and checking all equipment
- Conducts daily huddle meeting with crew to discuss safety and day’s work
- Conducts weekly safety meetings
- Monitors labor, haul, equipment, production and cost information and reviews it with superintendent
- Tracks yield of material
- Ensures that crew properly maintain equipment
- Demonstrates and enforces all company safety regulations and policies
- Establish traffic control, as required.
- Completes daily paperwork and daily reporting to include job details, production accomplished, employee time, etc.
- Stays current on all DOT specifications, as required
- Maintain positive attitude and encourage teamwork.
- Willingness to be flexible in duties and have a “get-it-done” attitude
- Must pass post offer drug screen
- Must provide proof of eligibility to legally work in the US.
- All new hires will be processed through E – Verify
- Some travel may be required
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2 years of experience working for a Heavy Civil contractor
- Ability to read and implement plans and drawings
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Ability to work in high production environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working understanding of types of equipment necessary for production
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Prefer experience with Federal requirements
- Experience in sewer, storm-water and water mains for heavy civil projects a plus
- Excellent team building skills is a must
- Must have superior math computation skills
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and quickly adaptable to changing conditions across all spectrum’s.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s license
As a Highway Contractor, it is the policy of Talley Construction Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that applicants are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. Minorities & females encouraged to apply.
Compensation will be determined based on skills, education, and experience. Full benefits package is offered, including: medical insurance, dental insurance, paid time off and 401k retirement plan.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER