Bridge Crew – Commerce, GA area – EXPERIENCED!
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic for Paving Division- EXPERIENCED! **NEW**
Apply Today To Join The Talley Team!
As one of the larger heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Eastern Tennessee, North Georgia, and Northeast Alabama area, and a leader in quality performance, Talley Construction understands that outstanding people are key to our success. As we offer our customers a wide range of services, we do so with dedication to our core values, the needs of our customers, honesty in all aspects of our business, and respect for all individual employees .
If you are looking for a career and enjoy working outside we are the place for you!
Immediate need: Experienced Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic for our Paving Division
Salary: $58,000-$65,000 a year and company truck
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently in performing repairs and maintenance, strong knowledge of diesel engines, hydraulics, and electronics
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues quickly and efficiently, analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems
- Lubricating components
- Welding/Fabricating components as necessary
- Servicing hydraulic systems
- Transmission maintenance
- Deliver and install parts on equipment at the job site
- General cleanup of equipment
- Checking, changing, and maintaining fluids
- Maintains service records
- Other duties as required (welding, fabricating, etc.)
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license – CDL preferred
- Must have your own tools
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with heavy equipment including hydraulics and electronic system troubleshooting
- Strong desire to learn and grow within Talley Construction
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Ability to walking, stand, climb, squat, bend, and twist continually and for long periods of time
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Must pass post offer drug screen
- Must provide proof of eligibility to legally work in the US.
- All new hires will be processed through E – Verify
As a Highway Contractor, it is the policy of Talley Construction Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that applicants are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. Minorities & females encouraged to apply.
Compensation will be determined based on skills, education, and experience. Full benefits package is offered, including: medical insurance, dental insurance, paid time off and 401k retirement plan.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER