Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
As one of the larger heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Chattanooga, North Georgia, and Northeast Alabama area, and a leader in quality performance, Talley Construction understands that outstanding people are key to our success. As we offer our customers a wide range of services, we do so with dedication to our core values, the needs of our customers, honesty in all aspects of our business, and respect for all individual employees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full life cycle recruiting: maintain open positions list, create job descriptions, post/manage ads, source resumes, conduct interviews and track candidates.
- Manage employee onboarding and off-boarding process.
- Consult with line management and provide daily HR guidance.
- Audit files as needed or directed.
- Assist with employee relations matters: file corrective action documentation, partner with management to make recommendations for corrective action & continuous improvement, respond to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment, or discrimination. Assist the HR Director with unemployment claims & hearings.
- Responsible for benefit administration: assist with managing self-insured benefit plan, enroll new hires, process changes in employee coverage, etc.
- Serve as a primary contact with carriers and third-party administrators.
- Reconcile benefit invoices.
- Assist with entering deductions and liabilities.
- Maintain group benefit database and employee records.
- Process leave of absence requests, disability paperwork, FMLA, medical and personal leaves.
- Analyze trends and relevant HR metrics to develop solutions and improve company culture.
- Suggest new HR strategies for continuous improvement.
- Assist in structuring compensation, benefits, and other perks and packages.
- Assist with company events.
- Willingness to be flexible in duties and have a “get-it-done” attitude.
- Maintain a thorough understanding and knowledge of legal requirements to ensure regulatory compliance and reduce legal risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College and/or University in Human Resources, Business, or other fields, preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working in a HR Generalist role; preferred 3-5 years preferred.
- Must pass post offer drug screen.
- English/Spanish Bilingual preferred
- Must provide proof eligibility to legally work in the US: all new hires will be processed through E-Verify
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience and moderate proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Accuracy in work and ability to follow through.
- Superior customer service skills to both internal and external customers.
As a Highway Contractor, it is the policy of Talley Construction Company to assure that applicants are treated during recruiting & employment without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. Veterans, Minorities & Females encouraged to apply.
Compensation will be determined based on skills, education, and experience. Full benefits package is offered, including: medical insurance, dental insurance, vision, paid time off and 401k retirement plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER