Looking for a mechanic with at least 2 years of experience in Heavy Equipment Maintenance industry. This position will diagnose, and repair heavy equipment used for major highway construction.
To be successful in this position you should have a strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of tools applicable to the position and the desire to learn. You should possess a strong sense of urgency and desire to provide superior customer service. The ability to take direction and work in a team environment is essential to this position as well.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot and locate mechanical deficiencies
- Repair and/or replace all components of diesel engines, hydraulic systems, air conditioning systems, suspension systems, drivetrains, electrical systems, steering, braking, material handling, and operator comfort systems.
- Determine extent of necessary repairs including identifying major power-train overhaul needs and prepare orders for required services.
- Perform welding and brazing, fabricate and modify parts, equipment, miscellaneous structures and attachments.
- Complete all documentation (work orders, parts orders, inspections, warranty support, comments and time sheets) in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
- Perform all work in accordance with established time, quality standards and safety procedures.
- Course work from accredited trade school, college or university with emphasis in mechanics, hydraulics, and automotive electronics is preferred.
- Knowledge of complex hydraulics, electrical, computer and mechanical systems, arc and oxygen acetylene welding, test equipment used to diagnose and repair equipment and electronic components of vehicles.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment safely to diagnose, adjust and repair malfunctions; follow oral and written instructions; read and understand operators and repair manuals; work cooperatively with others; work with minimal supervision and keep required records.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information- schematics, technical manuals, technical drawings, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Operate equipment and vehicles with possession of all necessary licenses and certificates.
- Skilled in computer applications including email and internet usage
- Ability to read, analyzes, and communicate technical information
- Ability to write service reports
- Must pass post offer drug screen
- Must provide proof of eligibility to legally work in the US.
- All new hires will be processed through E– Verify
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER