Project Engineer – Civil/Grading <<-- NEW
As one of the larger heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Chattanooga, North Georgia, and Northeast Alabama area, and a leader in quality performance, Talley Construction understands that outstanding people are key to our success. As we offer our customers a wide range of services, we do so with dedication to our core values, the needs of our customers, honesty in all aspects of our business, and respect for all individual employees.
Duties will include:
- Ability to read plans (Both Civil and Architectural) preferred
- Assist in processing submittals and shop drawings
- Prepare and submit monthly billings and invoicing
- Assist in job costing and analysis (both short term and long-term forecasting)
- Assist in preparing construction time schedule (Prefer experience in Microsoft Project)
- Assist in processing change orders
- Process subcontractor billing and change orders
- Ordering and tracking of material shipments
- Liaison between jobsite superintendent, foreman, and office staff, as needed
- Willingness to be flexible in duties and have a “get-it-done” attitude
- Construction background preferred
- Must pass post offer drug screen
- Must provide proof of eligibility to legally work in the US.
- All new hires will be processed through E – Verify
- Some travel may be required
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s license
- LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED
- Degree preferred (Civil or Construction Management)
As a Highway Contractor, it is the policy of Talley Construction Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that applicants are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. Minorities & females encouraged to apply.
Compensation will be determined based on skills, education, and experience. Full benefits package is offered, including: medical insurance, dental insurance, paid time off and 401k retirement plan.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER