As one of the larger heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Chattanooga, North Georgia, and Northeast Alabama area, and a leader in quality performance, Talley Construction understands that outstanding people are key to our success. As we offer our customers a wide range of services, we do so with dedication to our core values, the needs of our customers, honesty in all aspects of our business, and respect for all individual employees.
The Safety Director is directly responsible for managing the safety and risk associated with construction projects and company operations. The Safety Director will proactively plan, direct, and implement the Company’s safety program to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment.
The Safety Director supports the divisions by ensuring each project is conducting operations in a safe manner for the protection of our team members, clients, subcontractors, and the general public. The Safety Director ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, county, and local safety related regulations.
The Safety Director sets the tone for corporate safety and risk management, demonstrates strong leadership skills, works well in a team environment, and has excellent communication skills.
Duties will include:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and work sites to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle claims from investigation to administration and closure of all insurance claims including workers compensation.
- Consult with work site leadership, superintendents, and division heads about construction safety concerns observed.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues, and statistics
- Review Near-Miss reporting
- Workers Compensation claims administration from date of injury to return to work.
- Monitor return to work program.
- Claims administration for all incidents including property damage and vehicle damage claims.
- Keep apprised of developments in federal and state safety laws likely to affect the company.
- Serve in a consultancy role for partnering companies, to include T.J. Hunt Trucking and Retro Industries
- Willingness to be flexible in duties and have a “get-it-done” attitude.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum five years of experience as a Safety Manager or Director in the construction industry with Heavy Civil contractor preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Bilingual in Spanish (oral and written) strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in leading others and strong influencing skills where employees do not report directly
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must pass post offer drug screen.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to legally work in the US.
- All new hires will be processed through E – Verify.
As a Highway Contractor, it is the policy of Talley Construction Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that applicants are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. Minorities & females encouraged to apply.
Compensation will be determined based on skills, education, and experience. Full benefits package is offered, including: medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid time off and 401k retirement plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER